What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the terminal with which you are browsing when you access our website. Cookies allow the website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about your visit and your browsing habits, and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your terminal, they can be used to recognize the user; all this in order to facilitate your next visit and make a more efficient use of our website. Cookies play a very important role and contribute to a better browsing experience for the user.
Types of cookies
Next, a classification of cookies is made according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to consider that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on who is the entity that manages the computer or domain from which cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Owned cookies: They are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as their own cookies.
Types of cookies according to the period they remain activated
According to the period that they remain activated in the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to their purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: They are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a page website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Cookies used on the web
The cookies that are being used on this website are identified below, as well as their type and function:
The BAKER TILLY website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on web pages. In your terminal you can see cookies from this service. According to the previous typology, these are own, session and analysis cookies.
Through web analytics, information is obtained regarding the number of users who access the web, the number of page views, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator that provides the service, the language , the terminal you use and the city to which your IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service from this page.
To ensure anonymity, Google will make your information anonymous by truncating the IP address before storing it, so Google Analytics is not used to locate or collect personally identifiable information from site visitors. Google may only send the information collected by Google Analytics to third parties if it is legally bound to do so. In accordance with the conditions of provision of the Google Analytics service, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data kept by Google.
How to delete cookies
Through the configuration of the options of your Internet browser, you can easily delete the cookies installed on your terminal. Keep in mind that if you delete cookies on your terminal, the quality of the website may decrease. In the following links you can find all the information to delete cookies in each browser:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies